Residents in Sandwich are being targeted by cold callers claiming to be from a charity called ‘Veterans United’.
- You are cold called at your door.
- The fraudster asks you to set up a direct debit for a charity ‘Veterans United’.
- You are given an iPad to type in your bank details.
What to do:
- There is no ‘Veterans United’ registered on the Charity Commission website.
- Don’t give your bank details to someone who cold calls you.
- If you want to donate to charity, take the time to research beforehand.
Report cold callers to Kent Police on 101. If they are aggressive or refuse to leave, dial 999.
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours in the area.